Table of Contents
- 1 Magnet Fishing UK
- 2 What is magnet fishing?
- 3 How do I get started magnet fishing?
- 4 Where can I go magnet fishing?
- 5 What are the magnet fishing laws?
- 6 How to tie a knot for magnet fishing
- 7 How to set up for magnet fishing
- 8 Magnet fishing techniques
- 9 How do I clean my magnet fishing finds?
- 10 Some Recommended Magnet Fishing Kit!
- 11 What’s the best rope for magnet fishing?
- 12 Other recommended magnet fishing accessories
- 13 Best Types of Magnets For Magnet Fishing
- 13.1 Neodymium Magnets for Magnet Fishing
- 13.2 Ferrite Magnets for Magnet Fishing
- 14 Magnet Fishing Safety
- 15 FAQ about Magnet Fishing
- 16 Useful Magnet Fishing Links
- 17 Summary
Magnet Fishing UK
Magnet fishing is the new hobby taking the UK and US by storm! So I decided to write a beginners guide to magnet fishing while I start out my magnet fishing adventures. I have called it the beginner’s guide because that is what I am a beginner.
I have recently started the wonderful hobby of magnet fishing, alongside my other wonderful hobby of metal detecting. So as I learn all about magnet fishing, and start this journey, I wanted to teach you my findings and research and give you a few magnet fishing tips along the way. As I learn more I will of course update this guide.
If you have any great tips to share or recommendations then please feel free to add them in the comments at the bottom of this page. This guide is good for those who want to magnet fish in the UK but also those from Europe and the US too. Obviously, though laws may be different depending on where you are so please be sure to check first.
My main mission for this beginners guide to magnet fishing is to help you get started too!
What is magnet fishing?
Magnet Fishing is the act of fishing with a very powerful magnet attached to a rope. Not trying to catch fish though, we are trying to attract metal objects to the magnet.
Over the years many metal items have been disposed of or dropped into many different bodies of water like rivers, lakes or streams. These metal items include historic relics, modern-day gadgets, and many more interesting metal items.
In recent years Magnet fishing has become increasingly popular and more and more people are getting started in this wonderful hobby every day.
How do I get started magnet fishing?
To get started in the magnet fishing hobby you’re not going to need a lot. It’s an inexpensive hobby. There are of course accessories you can add to your arsenal. Listed below are the things you need for magnet fishing, some are mandatory and some are optional.
What you will need for magnet fishing
Strong Magnet (mandatory)